<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12686247\x26blogName\x3dA+Golden+World\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_CA\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d968471568558905784', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, October 31, 2005
What's the deal with all the spam?

I wonder if anyone really gets this message. First, I'm NOT a resident of the USA (not a commentary, please read on), and as such, and please keep this in mind, NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ALL FREE MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE TO ONLY AMERICAN CITIZENS. I do not want Viagara. I don't want to buy Microshaft software. I don't want to spam other people to hock your cheap ass wares.

And mostly, I don't want to go to University online. Not that telecommuting for a course is a bad idea, for many courses, quite the opposite. In fact, I moreso mean this...
From: Jeremy Crandall [yxbtsptzsdxyjp@aemail4u.com]
Subject: fw: I konw tihs is a good dael!

Good day to you sir,

A Genuine College Degree in 2 weeks C.a.l.l now!-> 1-2,0,6,-338-5780

B/A, B/S/C, M/A, M/S/C, M/B/A, P/H/D,

Within 2 weeks! No Study Required! ,.1_0_0_% Veri.fiable!

The oppor.rtunity exists due to a legal loophole allowing some established
colleges to award de.grees at their dis.cretion.


This little known sec,ret has been kept quiet for years.

Jeffventer Start seeing how much better your life&carreer can be with few letters
behind your name! 0 .risk. and no oblig_ation

For more infor.mation give us a call, You'll thank me later.

C.a.l.l now! 1-2,0,6,-338-5780

Later,
Patti Shook



And what were the results? Let me tell you some stories:.
Those janitors aren't missing sleeping right now..
I'm not enjoying fighting over there..
12. Ninety six bottles of beer, three a's, three b's, one c, two d's, thirty three e's, seven f's, three g's, nine h's, twelve i's, one j, one k, six l's, fifteen n's, eleven o's, eight r's, twenty five s's, twenty two t's, two u's, six v's, eight w's, four x's, and five y's on the wall.. I didn't love dancing for two hours.. i need to get my nails manicured. Don't you practice dancing as often as possible?. Have you missed reading recently?. But, I spent the next three weeks making a piece of simple software for her son to her specifications. While I was at it, I put 4-8 pictures on the screen as well. The simple program was finished and ready for her child to see. As I was presenting it, the other children in my classroom were pushing each other to get to the computer screen to touch that Touch Window and hear the word spoken again and again. I looked at these kids and was amazed. There was no music, no animation, nothing cute about this program at all, just real pictures with real words. I was stunned. I just watched the children. Within 10 minutes, several children who had never said a word in their life, made approximations of several words. I was hooked.. I am missing working right now.. Then I started 'teaching'. You know, I'm a good teacher. (Well, maybe just an average teacher, but you get the jist). I know what good teachers do. Or I thought I did. I sat with the children at the computer. When they pressed the IntelliKeys' keyboard or the Touch Window' and the computer said the word, I repeated the word and then expanded on the word. After they had pressed the same word several times, I said, "That's right, that's a cat, can you find the dog?? Suddenly, I would see the child's back get stiff, and before you knew it, he got up and left the computer. I didn't understand. Just a few seconds ago, he loved it. What happened?. They are not missing shouting today.. Joseph has just remembered walking.. 12. Ninety six bottles of beer, three a's, three b's, one c, two d's, thirty three e's, seven f's, three g's, nine h's, twelve i's, one j, one k, six l's, fifteen n's, eleven o's, eight r's, twenty five s's, twenty two t's, two u's, six v's, eight w's, four x's, and five y's on the wall.. I didn't dislike cooking at home.. i am terribly hungry, do you want to get some food later on?. I have just practiced talking.. THE PARENT arrived back on the scene. She gave me a tape by Dr. Laura Meyers from UCLA. I listened to that tape eight times. I listened over and over and heard the same thing again and again. Ms. Meyers said, 'These kids may need to hear a word many times (perhaps 72 times) before they ever say a word. A computer can be patient and say it the same way every time.' Now I understood. I was not patient enough. I did not allow the student to hear the words over and over. I was interrupting their learning by interjecting, when they were totally engrossed in what they were doing. I was asking questions they were not ready to answer. They were just learning language. They didn't have the answers yet.. The politicians dislike playing all day long.. Then I started 'teaching'. You know, I'm a good teacher. (Well, maybe just an average teacher, but you get the jist). I know what good teachers do. Or I thought I did. I sat with the children at the computer. When they pressed the IntelliKeys' keyboard or the Touch Window' and the computer said the word, I repeated the word and then expanded on the word. After they had pressed the same word several times, I said, "That's right, that's a cat, can you find the dog?? Suddenly, I would see the child's back get stiff, and before you knew it, he got up and left the computer. I didn't understand. Just a few seconds ago, he loved it. What happened?. Does Joe hate laughing over there?.
EDWARDS: But what have we seen? Relentless negative attacks against John. So in the weeks ahead, we know what's coming, don't we?. The gardners regret skiing well.. i need to get a pedicure. my feet smell and itch.
This email just made me howl. And for those of you not familiar with me, I'm a HIGHLY OVEREDUCATED BOFFIN (read brainy geek), here are just a few of the reasons.

1. Somebody offering higher education to me should know how to spell deal.

2. A PhD in two weeks? I did two years of fluids with satan himself, Dr. Pollard, and it took the whole time to finally get a few simple concepts. So I ask, how worthwhile is your PhD you get with two weeks of "effortTM"?

3. What the fuck is the rest of that email about? Sounds to me this whole course is more about the narcotics experimentation part of "higher" learning rather than getting something of value.

As such, obviously, this is some asshole trying to get rich quick, making suckers believe they'll get smart quick. So you know what we should do? Everybody, and I mean everybody who reads this, forward ALL OF YOUR SPAM TO this email addy...

yxbtsptzsdxyjp@aemail4u.com. No, it won't kill this asshole, but hey, it may fill his inbox far too readily.
neolithic pondered at 21:08
Comments: Post a Comment