<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12686247\x26blogName\x3dA+Golden+World\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_CA\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d968471568558905784', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Things That Make Me Happy

As per this post at Dawn's site, I have decided to duplicate the post for myself.

But yes, with my own answers, for the smartasses out there. Don't make me get Red to put a foot in your ass!



Anyhow, as such, here we go, with 8 answers, just as Dawn gave.

Things That Make Me Happy


1. My Dawn. And for those reading who like to interject their two cents, it's not Dorn, Dworn, Dawnagan, et. al. Dawn is that one person who never prejudged me, never wanted to change me, who accepted me for who I am and can love me truly unconditionally. She fills that empty space in my soul (yes, as you all should know, I do have something of a dark past), she is the one positive thing that keeps me going no matter what.

2. Being Canadian. Nothing against our neighbors to the south, but seeing how messy things have gotten down there in the last five years especially, every day I count my lucky stars that I am Canadian. Aside from being naturally superior hockey players, we are truly a free society. Need proof? What is the likelihood that someone like Jon Stewart, a wonderfully gifted satirist, would be able to walk right up to George W. Bush, and give him an Emmy, as a joke, declaring indirectly that he was only "acting" as a leader, not being one. Probably running an odd of about, oh, let's say, zero. Well, that has actually happened here in Canada. Except it was a Gemini (the Canadian award that is like the Emmy).

3. Working in film. God the first 30 years of my life really sucked ass. Why? Because it took me forever to find out what I really wanted to do. What a waste, really. But now, each day I get to work on a film set of some form, it brings so much life and energy back, like making up for lost time. It is what I was meant to do. Period.

4. Living in British Columbia. The last 20 odd years in Ontario were just too much. Leaf fans who think they have a brain when it comes to hockey. Nowhere good to ski. A very poor attitude towards those whose native tongue is French. Pollution in the air thicker than poutine. And mostly, being in self denial about wanting to be just like New York. Hence, my imposed monicker on Toronto. America Jr. I love the mountains. I love to ski. I love the Canucks. I love the laid back atmosphere. Again, after 30 plus years, I have found my home.

5. My Parents. Yes, I probably within the context of a highly dysfunctional family, but hearing my parents voices, being 4,500 km apart, does remind me that though through all our differences, that blood is thicker than water.

6. My sis Jana. Though various concerns caused my parents to cease procreating after me (and for those of you who feel the need to take the piss over this, I've heard it ALL before), my parents had no more children. So in addition to living in butt-fuck nowhere, in the middle of the sticks, with no friends, let alone any neighbors around, I had no siblings either. Just me and the cat until the folks got home from work. It was a very lonely way to grow up. Luckily, now, I've met Jana, who has become like a sister to me. She's become a fantastic friend and the conscience I need from time to time to not let my ego get the best of me.

7. Todd and Mandy. Todd has been my friend, well, every day of my life. He was born four months earlier than I (enjoying 33 yet Todd :P), and our parents were friends throughout school. The only regret was that we didn't live closer in our youth. Luckily though, through all the changes, we've stuck together tried and true. Now married to Mandy, I see how she makes him complete, knowing they toughed the hard times made it easier to believe in Dawn and I when times were dire.

8. Star Wars. Yup, Jana, you can call me gay any time now. But going to see Star Wars, on opening day, with my Dad back in '77 is one of my first memories, one I hold dear in my heart. And the one memory that put me on my current course.

That is all.
neolithic pondered at 22:12
Comments: Post a Comment