<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12686247\x26blogName\x3dA+Golden+World\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_CA\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d968471568558905784', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Just when I thought there was nothing to write about anymore...

Then this happens.

Last night was the season finale of The Apprentice. Now, our dear friend Peter left a little review and two cents here, showing his loss of respect when Randall, the show winner, given the choice to hire a solid runner-up, chose not to, in a display of pure ego, saying he was to be the only Apprentice.

To which, I left this comment, in agreement with Peter.
Peter, I totally agree with you. I normally don't watch reality TV (well, with the exception of Hell's Kitchen... I love watching Gordon Ramsay going ape shit in the kitchen), but The Apprentice doesn't solely resort on the lowest common denominator to garner ratings.

I did tune in for the last 15 minutes last night, and had a very similar thought when Randall said he wouldn't hire Rebecca. It seems those two could be the two best participants in the history of the show, and not to recognize that Rebecca would be a huge asset, Randall proved all his education was a waste, as he ingored a basic priciple.

That of the corruption of power.

I'm now sure that several of Trump's top competitors are now wooing Rebecca to come work for them.

As for Randall... Ooops!!!
Now I must say, I did leave one thing out in haste. The fifteen minutes that I did watch were in fact the only fifteen that I watched for the whole run of the season. However, I do stand by it.

Enter Rosette Hawkins, reader of Peter's blog from Nairobi, Kenya, and writer of this blog. She decided to leave this comment, which was in reply to my comment.
I disagree with you on multiple counts:

Rebecca was so not one of top runners up ever... If you put her head to head with that lady, I forget her name, who came in number three in season one, she'd loose to her even.

Secondly, if Trump's competitors are lining up to woo Rebecca, it is because of the publicity... and they're quite justified to want to take advantage of that...

I think most white folk begrudge Randall the fact that he was so way out there educated and experienced and successful that they're pleased to see what they imagine is a chink in his armor and to hammer at it to make a hole.

Yes, I'm calling the race card because that is what it is about.

There's no other way anyone would look at Randall's record in the programme right from the beginning down to the end when Rebecca completely fouled up her task (remember she did not win as PM except when Randall specifically set out to help her do so, duh), and even begin to compare them. Or maybe Trump meant him to hire her as his assistant... oh well, then that would have made sense.

Otherwise, he's had to be four times as good as the next white guy to get this so he should be allowed to enjoy it without all this high class nonsense...

How many Americans are of Rebecca's calibre but with more experience? Why can't Randall give them a chance? Why is it that Rebecca was the rightest person in history after Randall had rightly won the interview?

I can rant till the cows come home... this business is really getting my goat.
Wow. I never saw that one coming. I figured it might turn into a rather amusing blogument (crossing blog and argument), but not this.

As such, I just HAVE to have fun with this one. Starting with Rosette's first agrument,
Rebecca was so not one of top runners up ever... If you put her head to head with that lady, I forget her name, who came in number three in season one, she'd loose to her even.
Wow. How eloquently put. That lady, I forget her name. Amy Henry, maybe? And guess what? I rarely watch reality TV. Rosette, I wonder why you didn't go a Google search? Why are you so angry?

Then Rosette went on to say:
I think most white folk begrudge Randall the fact that he was so way out there educated and experienced and successful that they're pleased to see what they imagine is a chink in his armor and to hammer at it to make a hole.

Yes, I'm calling the race card because that is what it is about.
Wow. That is so presumtuous and speculative at best. I didn't begrudge Randall. Neither did Peter for that matter. Randall won fair and square, and became the Apprentice. How can that be about race? Where does the race card come into this? My point, and I don't know if it was misunderstood, was this. Randall showed his lust for power in the final moments of the show, after the victory was his. Now maybe I'm just naive about business, but I always thought that a person was hired by a company, in whatever capacity, was to be an asset to said company. It seemed obvious by Donald's suggestion that he felt Rebecca would be enough of an asset as to break tradition and propose an employment offer. It seemed to me that Randall showed he was all to human after all, blinded by ego, and turned down Mr. Trump's suggestion, showing that his emotions got the best of his prized intellect.

D'oh! I could go on, but dealing with the "race card" can be touchy at best, and as such, I will say that Rosette falls into one of two possible categories.

One, that she is so "race card" trigger happy that she surfs the blog-a-verse looking for any thoughts or opinions that may, even by enormous leaps of imagination, have slight possibilities of hints of traces of possible suggestions of racist remarks, that she has to stir up a shit storm, providing little or no fact in her anger based argument, and backing it up by calling the race card, just to indulge in her own self righteousness.

Two, she hates, or is jealous, of Rebecca, and/or women like her. Just like Chris Rock once said, the main reason the United States has never had a female president is this. Women hate women.

Either way, Rosette has endeared me to her heart, so feel free to visit her website and wreak havok. As for punishment, Rosette has officially earned this...



That is all.
neolithic pondered at 00:45
Comments: Post a Comment