<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" ><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d12686247\x26blogName\x3dA+Golden+World\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_CA\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://agoldenworld.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d968471568558905784', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
M.C.F.A.T. Episode V

Well, okay, he says Volume V, but being the Star Wars freak job that I am, I prefer Episode to volume. Also, with the confusion between 5th or 6th incarnation (yes I know it's the fifth one named the M.C.F.A.T.) and I missed number 4, I have no beefs now complying with MCF's numbering system.

As such, here we go.

1) I'm not on DVD, and I may never be on DVD as much as you wish I was. What am I?
Well, up until Fall 2004, I would have said the Star Wars original trilogy. Now, with all films available on DVD, I have to say this. One, the original trilogy far outdoes the new prequels, with the exception of Episode III, which is what we wanted out of all three prequels.

As to now answer the question without any more rambling, I would have to say the second season of David Lynch's television classic, Twin Peaks, along with the pilot episode. Due to several mergers and takeovers in the Hollywood film studio world, the second season, the strange but enlightening season, still remains, to this day, unreleased. Yet drivel like SeaQuest DSV is getting released to DVD.

2) It's going to be cold and gray for some months to come. There are no good movies playing. You don't want to venture far or spend a lot of money, but sometimes the four walls of your home conspire to drive you mad and you just need to go SOMEWHERE. What do you do?
This is almost identical to the situation right now. We're in Vancouver, land of eternal rain, which makes the skies grey. There are just a few good films out there, but with film work dried up, ventures to the cinema are few and far between. Aside from watching hockey on the TV, our big outs are to spend some time up at Mount Seymour Provincial Park or at Cypress Provincial Park.

3) If you had to give up one of your senses, which would it be?
Probably taste. I don't have much left after having eaten too much spicy food already. Hence it wouldn't be losing much.

4) This sitcom will NEVER be made into a major motion picture, not in a million years. Then again, it wouldn't be that unprecedented. What's the WORST case scenario, from sitcom choice to casting, that you could imagine?
Wow, this is a toughie. There's not too many sitcoms that I'd watch to begin with. I'd like to say Trailer Park Boys, but the movie is coming out, though, in the tradition of the X-Files, the movie is just part of the ongoing series, not a spin-off.

I guess to avoid clickish, I'll go with Made in Canada. Nobody should fuck with the funniest man in Canada, Rick Mercer. As for the worst possible cast, here it goes:

Richard Strong - Jack Black (he's really not that funny)
Alan Roy - Tom Cruise ('Nuff Said)
Victor Sela - Will Ferrell (he's even less funny than Mr. Black)
Veronica - Jennifer Lopez (uuuuggghhhhhh)

5) Now you're a supervillain. Why? What has motivated you to use your powers for evil, what are your powers, and what are your methods and goals?
Why am I a supervillain? Plain and simple. For being outcast, because I'm different, because I pose a threat, because I'm misunderstood, and due to people's fear of my natural abilities, I am segregated from the normal. Well, my methods are pure and simple. To quote Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious, "let the hate flow through you." Focused amounts of rage combined with my mental prowess will leave my enemies begging for mercy. To which I will demand of them they treat all as equals, to end this oppression.

6) Name one artist, in any discipline, who has affected your life in some way.
David Lynch. Though Lucas and Spielberg fostered my love for film, Lynch inspired my drive to create my own films. I love the way he leaves open ends, how he creates intrigue by mere implication, and the sheer depth of the story and the many subtexts.

That is all.
neolithic pondered at 22:24
Comments: Post a Comment